Hey, as we’re new we will add FAQs as you ask them, but hopefully our T&Cs and policies will explain most things. If not, get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org. Do check back as we receive more FAQs they will appear here.
Try these common issues before contacting us:
- Make sure the URL you are using is https://spokzpeople.org.uk/login/
- Clear the browser cookies – The browser may think you are logged in already
- Check to make sure the site is not blocked or their browser is blocking them from logging in
- Go to here https://spokzpeople.org.uk/wp-login.php?action=logout and confirm you are logged out or log out if not – then try login again
- Browsers: if you are struggling to login, try a different browser. For example, if you normally use Google Chrome, try and use Firefox.
- Password Resets: Also, it is quite common for password resets to be sent to your junk/spam/quarantine, so do check these before contacting us.
If none of that works, email us on email@example.com When you do please give us this information:
- Confirm your username and password
- Confirm the URL you are using to login
- Provide a screenshot of the error they are getting. If you are using a mobile, usually you can do this by pressing the power button AT THE SAME TIME as the up OR down volume button. If you are using a computer along the top of your keyboard where the F1-F12 buttons are, there should be a button called ‘PrtScn’, which you can then save to your computer.
It’s really important to complete this before you start as it will show you where you are now with your wellbeing and when you do it again in 6- and 12-months’ time and any time thereafter it will show you how things are improving or if you need additional support.
As a non-profit organisation, we are trying to get funding to reduce your membership fee. To do this, funders require ‘evidence’ that this community helps to improve wellbeing. We need a lot of data for this (it is collected anonymously). The data we collect also helps us to write articles to educate other therapists to provide better services for disabled people and their families.
Whilst we get an online version sorted, please could you complete your and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org? After you complete it, your results will be emailed to you. We’ll let you know when the online questionnaire is up and running so you can complete it whenever you would like to in the future. Thank you so much for helping us as well as you.
On the landing page in the box ‘Community’ you will see icons to click on to take you to the Forum, your personal Messages and private Groups and once there, you can also visit your profile, where you can tell us more about yourself, change your preferences, or make new connections, to get started.
For Instant Chat, once you are logged in, in the bottom right-hand corner of each page is a speech bubble. Click on this speech bubble. Across the bottom you’ll see ‘Chats’ and ‘Friends’. You can chat privately to other members here.
Our weekly live meetings are held on Wednesdays at 7.30-9pm via zoom. We alternate between themed sessions and informal sessions. You can find details of how to join and a list of themed session topics here.
Check out our News & Events section where you can find out about events (we’ll keep updating the same news post called ‘Live Events’ with new dates, so do keep checking this out when you log in), and don’t forget to visit Polls where you can vote on many things we are doing.
When you sign up, you receive a welcome email from us. Separately, you will also receive an email from Mailchimp asking if you want to subscribe (this is all to do with GDPR and you giving us explicit consent).
To receive updates about our events you need to accept this sign up from MailChimp.
We are using MailChimp to keep everyone in the loop, but do check your email settings and junk or spam folders to make sure you stay connected to us. If you haven’t heard from us or have missed an event, most likely it is in your Junk folder.
If you still can’t find it, you can email us to ask us to add you manually to our weekly round robin.
We’ve had some members say that they couldn’t type in the chat text box when using Safari or other access issues.
If this happens to you, try using a different browser. Generally Google Chrome is a good suggestion to try, we often try this if we are having issues with our browser Firefox. Most of the time the issues are then resolved. If you continue to have access issues in spite of trying a different browser, do email us.
Get in touch with us, we are here most days to answer any questions you have about navigating the site or anything else on email@example.com